Custom ICC Color Profiles
As an alternative to purchasing an expensive RIP (Raster Image Processor), try purchasing a custom color profile created just for your printer. Manufacturers often optimize their printers and color profiles for graphics and fluorescent lighting. Furthermore, do you really think all printers are created exactly the same with zero tolerance? Manufacturers create profiles by averaging data from a number of printers. AMS creates color profiles exclusively for your printer! Typical improvements are:
AMS is now offering a service to create custom color profiles for your printer. Profiles are created using Gretag Macbeth's® iOne spectrophotometer and Profile Maker software. Profiles can be created for either Macintosh or Windows.
You will receive a set of 4 profiles optimized for D50, D65, CWF (Cool White Fluorescent), and Incandescent lighting conditions (1). Create sets for different papers, print resolutions, print speeds, etc.
Steps to Ordering Your Custom Color Profiles
1) Determine if your printer is a RGB or CMYK printer. > CLICK to see how
2) Download the proper Targets & Forms > CLICK for download page
3) Print the targets using the proper settings. > CLICK to see how
4) Fill out the order form and profile settings forms. Mail the printed targets and forms to AMS. > CLICK to see how
5) Download your new Color Profiles from our website. > CLICK to see how
6) Using Your Color Profiles > CLICK to see how
Cost of Custom Color Profiles
RGB Printer Profiles
$75.00 US 1st set: Per Printer/Paper/Resolution or other custom setting.
CMYK Printer Profiles
$100.00 US 1st set: Per Printer/Paper/Resolution or other custom setting.
(1) Gretag Macbeth's Profile Maker software has settings for different viewing conditions (D50, D65, etc.). These settings may not entirely compensate for metamerism issues encountered. >More on Metamerism.